Recently I was trying to figure out a quick and easy recipe for my family since the prices have been going up in the grocery store. We were wanting something different as well because I am in no way a chef!! I have no imagination when it comes to cooking. So my mom brought up an idea for me and I had to make it for dinner tonight. I am going to share the recipe for you and trust me, it tastes better than it looks! LOL
TURKEY AND RICE SPAGHETTI
6 servings of instant rice (cooked to the instructions on the box)
1 (24 ounce) jar of Classico Vodka Sauce
*or any flavored marinara sauce*
1 package (about 2 pounds) of Boneless Turkey Breast strips
1 Tablespoon of vegetable oil
Salt and Pepper
1. Get your water going for your rice as instructed on the box.
2. In a frying pan, put a Tablespoon of oil in the pan on medium heat. Just enough to coat the bottom of the pan. After it gets warm, add your turkey to the oil. Salt and Pepper it to your liking.
3. Stir it and let it get cooked all the way through. Drain the oil that is left after it is thoroughly cooked. Return it to the same frying pan.
4. Stir the jar of sauce into the turkey. Turn your flame to simmer and cover. Let this simmer long enough to get the sauce to the warmth that you prefer.
5. Put your finished rice into serving bowls or on plates. Top with the turkey sauce mixture. Season with salt if you prefer.
Average cooking/prep time: 10 minutes.
My total for the meal: $9.97 + tax = $1.66 per person
Box of rice: $3.99 ( with a ton left over for more meals)
Turkey: $5.99 but it was marked half price at the store. My price: $2.99